Many people often find it challenging to support others who grieve life’s losses due to uncertainty about what to say or do and fearing they may make things worse for the grieving person. Often, the best approach feels counter-intuitive, counter-intellectual, and even counter-western culture, so an honest, helpful guide is invaluable when navigating the journey of grief.
This program provides an excellent framework to support the bereaved in almost any situation. It explores the ‘Three-Legged Stool’, a natural and balanced approach to companioning the bereaved, along with a simple, memorable, and powerful approach to help guide the bereaved effectively through their remarkable journey towards purposeful and intentional healing.
What You’ll Learn …
- Understand the main components of the Three-Legged Stool approach to support the bereaved.
- Identify each of The Five Guideposts of Healing to assist the bereaved through their grief.
- A whole-person practice to keep oneself centered and present when supporting the bereaved.
- Specific methods to help the bereaved identify and overcome roadblocks to healing.
- Ways to nurture and cultivate resiliency in the bereaved to enhance their capacity to experience and honor their unique response to grief.
- In-depth discussions and participation in the holistic approach to working with the bereaved.